EOSVOS is a thixotropic (shear-thinning) emulsified vegetable oil (EVO) formulation of biodegradable oil, nutrients, alkaline buffers, and water designed to mitigate groundwater impacts caused by residual contaminants in the vadose (unsaturated) zone. The patented technology, EOSVOS, uses green chemistry to help microbes breakdown contaminants in soil before they reach groundwater. Once injected, EOSVOS creates a long-lasting treatment zone for rapid anaerobic biodegradation of chlorinated solvents, nitrates, energetics, and effective reduction of some metals.
- The only emulsified vegetable oil formulated to treat the vadose zone
- Nutrient enriched and pH neutral
- Easy injection and rapid establishment of high vadose zone saturation and reducing conditions necessary for anaerobic reductive dechlorination
- Co-injectable with dechlorinating bacterial cultures such as Dehalococcoides mccartyi to stimulate cVOC biodegradation
- Incorporates the same proven patented EOS® technology that clients have trusted for more than a decade combined with technology patented by the US DOE.
VADOSE (UNSATURATED) ZONE CONTAMINATION
- Entrapped contaminants can act as long-term sources of groundwater impact
- Remedial efforts must focus on limiting contaminant mass flux